FATHERS & DAUGHTERS

"Once I wished upon a star
for a daughter to love,
then one day you came into my life, like a burst of sunshine..
Now every year I watch u grow more wonderful,
and every year I love u more..
Happy Birthday Darling!!"
These are the words of a card I will never forget.. a card my dad sent me for my birthday..I don't remember how old I turned that day but I will remember it till however old I turn in the future..!
There has to be a reason God made dads and I think it is to remind every girl just how special she is.
Every Friday for as long as I remember (till I was young enough to wear those frilly frocks!)I had to wear a decent dress,with shoes and frilly socks when we went for mass...and every Friday my dad would tell me that I look beautiful.. even on the days I wore the most outrageous outfits and even I knew that! But the point is he wasn't even lying to me.. to him I did look beautiful... and I probably would, even in a paper bag!!
I sometimes wonder why the bond between a father and daughter is so much deeper..I like to think its because I'd never feel how he feels about me.I never can..because when I have children of my own I'd only know what a mother feels for her daughter.. you get the flow?
Maybe that's how it works!
I think any girl who's watched "Father of the Bride" knows that her dad's gonna feel the same way... that what he's more worried about is her finding the right guy who he's scared might take his place...
Well I'm not married or even in a relationship but i think i know that there can't be anyone in the world who can ever replace my dad for me! & I can vouch for all daughters to feel the same way!
So this is for all the dads in the world who will obviously never admit their fears:) That to a daughter regardless of whether she's 5 or 55, there is no man who will ever measure up to her daddy :)

Comments

  1. hey kutz its realy nice.. :)gud keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hy Mary Ann...full senti yaar.!!
    Really u have written lovely n the best thing is..everything is true..!! its really hard to explain the relationship of dad n daughter in words...!!
    Awesome.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. n yes..sorry for reading it soo late.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've managed to put across something so profound so articulately .. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey coo :)
    AWESOME!!!!
    n ya... super senti too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey ann this is Vidhya, from your school.Have never read your blog before.Just saw some link posted in FB, came and had a look. Lovely writings in here and this one specially loved it to the core....Hail our dads :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Vidya! Thanks a lot! Glad you like :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIPS ?!!?%#%&^*^%%

On love, dreams and loss

RIP dearest Ammachi (aka Poptain)