Friends - If only for a while.

In the course of our lives we meet different people. Some become close friends, some acquaintances, some lovers, some well with just no name for the relationship. When I look back, I wonder if there was a point to any of those various relationships that brought in people into my life who today seem nothing more than a distant memory & I've just hit a quarter of a century recently so I'm probably going to meet a lot more people who will be but passing friends.

So what is the point of these kind of friendships? Just a bunch of people who are put into your life for no apparent reason?

Why am I thinking of this today? Well I get friend requests on FB from people and I remember who they were in my life, note "were" as they no longer are. I look into my existing list and I find more people who "were".

Its not that I don't care enough to be in touch or that they were not that significant for me to have them on my whatsapp,chat list or phone register.

IF not, does that still make them my friends? What defines friendship? Is longevity that significant?
Maybe the longevity doesn't matter. There are some people we meet for short durations and yet they make a significant difference in our lives. Not by doing anything great, but just by being there.

Its amazing, the number of small things out there that we don't realize or understand completely.

The more I thought about this it was like a pattern. I feel today that every single person who I was confused about - on why I met them etc had made a significant difference in my life at the point that I met them, spent time with them. It even makes me a little sad when I think about how we can't hold on to everyone.

So to all my "were" friends - who may have lasted but for a while, thank you. Because I couldn't have passed through those phases of my life when we met - without you.

Comments

  1. I believe people are put into your life for a reason. Some to teach you a lesson, some to inspire you, some to let you know you're great at something, and some others to tell you not to make the mistakes they made.

    I think of each friend I've had, and have, and know they're there for a purpose.

    I say this with confidence, because it has happened to me. :)

    (I was looking out for your blog Kutz :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, all you are basically saying is what Airtel has already announced publicly "har ek friend jaroori hota hai"...;-)

      Delete
  2. Priyanka! We think alike :) I'm all flattered you were looking out for me :D

    @ 3-3 - Shut up :P :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIPS ?!!?%#%&^*^%%

On love, dreams and loss

RIP dearest Ammachi (aka Poptain)