New Year Diaries


I wrote my first diary entry when I was 6 or 7. When sentence construction and spellings were a struggle!
Since then, every New year meant a new diary!
I remember my very first diary entry, when I thought I had to introduce myself & my family (go figure!) because I had just met the diary of course ;)
My diary was my secret keeper those days! And I chose to write my secrets in the most unusual places!
Inside my cupboard! - The side where clothes hang, I'd sit under the coats and dresses, with my teddy bear & a lamp!
Yes a LAMP which had to be connected & I would sit and write in the faint glow, even though I could go out and write in the sunshine/tubeshine! :P
The top of the same cupboard was my other spot to write about the day's grievances - which was either my mom not being nice [in response to me breaking a vase or some other expensive piece with my so called 'indoor squash game' ;)] or a fight with my sister who may have refused to play one of my various make believe games :)

Well,I did grow up to write more serious stuff & even stopped introducing myself ;)

The diary writing gradually reduced and in college it soon became somewhere I wrote only when I was having the worst of days & there weren't too many :) Oh and they weren't hard bound diaries anymore, they were notepads on my laptop!

I miss my hard bound diaries, chronicled evidence that I HAVE matured over the years, and how re-reading them always makes me feel like I'm reliving the moment!
Even the sad ones make me smile :)

Maybe 2011 will be a year to re-start the chronicles of my life! & I suggest you try it too :) Then we can read our 2011 in 2022 together :)

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIPS ?!!?%#%&^*^%%

On love, dreams and loss

RIP dearest Ammachi (aka Poptain)