day4 (part2)


Yesss :) Now I don't want you thinking that I just go on walks and meet cats etc.. I am a serious person! hmphht!! :P
Since my main goal and purpose in life now is to find a suitable job and I AM working towards it.. no need to get suspicious of the caps, its just for emphasis :)
I've put up my resume on every possible gulf job site (the free ones), rectified my resume,written different cover letters,even took a professional looking photo of myself(was tough and I thought I did a good job till my friends saw it and had a good laugh:/)..and even applied directly to companies.
Now I'm waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to call me! And believe it or not not a single guy calls :( [ No, they do NOT have access to the above mentioned photo!huh!]
The thing is my branch of Engineering is Biotechnology..and so I can get into the Pharma/Food tech/Environmental Engg fields here so I've chosen all these options on the job sites, this would give me more scope I thought!
I was RIGHT!!
I get my very first job offer!! :) :)
From a family in the U.K who want me to be their COOK!!! :/ The worst part about this is, this is how the letter starts 'll give you a sneak peak :
Dear Cook,
We are an American family working and living in London
United Kingdom. My name is KELVIN.M.
I have a wife,a son,a daughter Jessica who is six years old we have a nanny
from Bulgaria who takes care of Joseph, Her name is..... etc etc

CAN you imagine the look on my face!! I slog for four years and I get an offer to be a cook:( [I told you the cats weren't a good sign:/]
You click on food technology and people think your ready to do JUST anything related!
Now the interesting part of the letter comes :
"We have agreed to pay you
4,500 Great British Pounds month for this service. You
will need to be in this service for a minimum period of 12
months. You will have accommodation with us as well as a car
if you can drive."

Wait a second...they wouldn't pay me that much to be a senior engineer here!!
Well I bet you all feel underpaid for whatever it is your doing right now;) hehehe
My dad says I should have a little fun, write back and negotiate the salary ;) What do you think????

P.S : One good thing has come out of all this! I've been cooking quite a bit since, and even baked bread today!(Two loaves& they're yumm) never though that would happen!
I'm guessing kelvin can smell it at home and is waiting eagerly for my reply ;)hehe

Comments

  1. Oh my God Kutz, :)
    If I had known I wud've done some cookery classes instead of B.E in Biotech forall these years and wud've been an expert by now. :)
    This is so not fair!

    I think ur dad is right, negotiate the sal and then tell them u know to make instant noodles only and they better eat it!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha i agree :) n cooking is soo much more fun and after all the liq n powder measurements we've done in out bt labs we'l be awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. kutzzzzie... take it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIPS ?!!?%#%&^*^%%

On love, dreams and loss

RIP dearest Ammachi (aka Poptain)