Day 1 :)


Good evening ppl!!
Sooo ‘ve got the new Chinese iphone :)!! Which is super awesome for the amount of money u get it for!
People have been warning me on how its not gonna last! Which is probably true… butt I dun care now.. gonna enjoy it till it RIP’s!! ;)
In other news, I’ve been trying to keep myself occupied without depending on animals I dun really like associating with(=the cat)… & decided I should do something productive with my life!!
Since I am now in an Arabic speaking country I think its high time I learnt the language! .. ‘ve signed up for a 6 day program online …. Will let you know if I do learn something out of it… u see Arabic was my greatest ogre when I was a kid… I used to live here when I was a kid (1st-8th grade to be specific) & the language was a must!
When I joined the school here in 1st grade I came after the half-yearly exams, and this meant that I had missed out on quite a bit of Arabic. I came home from my first day of school and gave my mom a detailed description of which period was what subject and confidently told her that 4th period, we had drawing and that this Arabic teacher took drawing! (I mean she should have realized something was wrong, she had put me in an Indian school where all my teachers were Indian … wait a sec no.., all my teachers were malayalee’s!;)hehe)
See the point I missed out was that besides the ball and cat I was drawing in class was a small script which I decided was some pretty design.. extra stuff which I conveniently didn’t copy down from the board !!
Hence I consistently failed in this subject for quite sometime :/ {in my defense I went up to my teacher later to tell her that I don’t know Arabic and all she did was say “yallah yallah* seet in your seet” }
After which I was determined to somehow pass,& went for tution!.. I had a really sweet tution teacher who was my mom’s friend.. I used to walk down to her building.. and after every class she’d give me sponge cake or a puff or something anddd.. this was the best part.. a bottle of COKE! That I’d drink on my walk back home..ahh she was my favorite person those days ;)
Sadly the only Arabic I learnt from her was how to read and how to write, both of which I can still do.. but I can’t understand! Weird u think?? So do I 
The good news is that this time round ‘m much older n hopefully don’t get carried away by pictures of balls n cats ;)…
Catcha soon! Lowe,kutz
*- yallah – in Arabic means “go”

Comments

  1. ha ha ha kutz nice one.... and i so have a strong feeling that you are gonna be stuck with malayalees for quite some long time in your life lol ;)... yallah yallah...

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one...!! i liked the "seet in ur seet "part..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @aks- hehe I know!
    @saba- thanks :) saba oruj or sabarish??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIPS ?!!?%#%&^*^%%

On love, dreams and loss

RIP dearest Ammachi (aka Poptain)