LETTERS



I love receiving letters! The longer the better:) A nice hard copy writing from someone I love:) Although its been ages since I have, even the thought of it makes me feel all fuzzy inside!!
Its sad that emails have completely taken over..I agree that they are a much faster and easier way to communicate but there's still a difference..a personal touch.. maybe the spilt ink or the horrid handwriting or maybe just the words that are written continuously without the option to delete what you think isn't appropriate... emails have made us more cautious of what we say to the person on the other end.. may even be a good thing for certain people ;) but on the whole there's always something missing!
Fortunately greeting cards havn’t gone out of use! And I don’t think they ever should... e-cards may be quick and animated but they're a far cry!
Its the nicest feeling to find some old letter and re-read it... somehow always makes you nostalgic! I still have all the inland letters my sister and I exchanged when she went away to college… it still reminds me of how much I used to look forward to them :) & each time I re-read it, I laugh a little harder:)
I sometimes envy our ancestors who lived at a time where they had to frame their own love letters! now a days you google it you get a list you can choose from.. and this is just dulling our minds.. Creativity is just doomed for the future generations! I mean there's no telling if the guy giving you the letter has read it himself! :/
I used to have a pen pal who was my grandfathers friend, and he used to write to me despite the fact that he had Arthritis.. and would even apologize that his handwriting was not as good as it used to be because of the disease, he probably didn’t realize that I didn’t even notice…..the fact that he made it a point to write to me despite all that was what really touched me! Sometimes a letter says much more than it means to say and that’s the beauty of writing over speaking.
That you can literally read between the lines :)
Anyway we have to come to terms with the fact that times have changed and obviously quick & efficient communications are simply a must, they have made us all an impatient lot of people!…and sooo I have warmed up to the idea of long emails :)

:) a nice soft copy writing from someone I love will also do:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIPS ?!!?%#%&^*^%%

On love, dreams and loss

RIP dearest Ammachi (aka Poptain)