hostellllllll & 413 :)

I lived in a hostel during my engineering days and what an experience! One I wouldn't exchange for anything in the world!
Its amazing the things just staying in a completely new environment for the first time can do to change you.. making every decision on your own... the sweet taste of freedom.. especially at a stage in your life wen you feel like your parents run your lives and you'd do anything to run :)
The first few people I met were well.. I'd rather not waste space on them :) and then I met Dipanwita who was sensible enough and I was so happy:) We became inseparable:)We would eat together.. walk together.. shop together.. you get the flow I suppose :)This was during my first yr..didn't care too much bout the rest of the world..!!
By the end of 2nd year we had misunderstandings and I started hanging out with people on my floor and then sometime around here I stepped into 413.. :) Little did I know that day how much that room with four beds would change my life! I know it sounds dramatic but its really way more dramatic than all that!
Now this room actually accommodates just 4 people.. equal to the number of beds present.. but it was a 7 seater to us,because there were 7 of us :) I mean.. there ARE 7 of us :D
The first person I met of the 6 people who soon became so important to me was nischita.. she was this matter of fact, sensible girl.. a no nonsense person who you could trust the first time you spoke to her!
Then i saw two gals in the mess.. one dusky with almond eyes..sneha:)[which I later decided look more like grapes!] and a super fair round Assamese girl with a dimple! Naimisha:) Both scared me a bit because they were staring at me across the mess tables!! I thought they were influential people because they kept their plates in this cupboard while the rest of us climbed 4 floors to keep it back in our rooms.. apparently they were just smart :).. then I met Javisia and Guneet.. outside the internet center.. gun had brown hair,was really thin and grinned a lot! I tot she was a drug addict !!haha :) n jav was being the extremely social person that she is!! anyway I was like stay away !! haha:)
Sometimes first impressions don't make the last impression:)
Rashmi I met when she was assigned the four seater on the 2nd floor..tiny face with long hair tied up and extremely agreeable![i was lik y is she bein so nice?!-but soon I got to know that's just how she is:)]
When we all actually became the best of friends I don't remember but at some point before we knew it we were all being punished together!(now that's the first sign of true friendship;)) standing in a row in front of the warden!(ha ha u guys rem Guneet's stereo system that was confiscated?? Waiting for tea time, going for dinner together every night..screaming out for everyone to come outta their rooms!:) lunch timings didn't always match but it didn't matter..once we were back from college we were all in 413..we'd just be sitting around and talking absolute nonsense and yet I think those are the times I miss the most! Most importantly we were always there for each other!
Birthdays or break-up's both had the same open arms :)How often do you make friends like that?? How rare is it if you make 6 of those? Well I think we just got really lucky!
If I had to fit four years & talk bout 6 friends I've made for life into one post, well.. its not possible so this small entry is just so I can dedicate it to us gals :)muuaaah :* + group hug :)
Anyway, I hope to write a book on all the fun we've had those four yrs soon :) so wait up for that :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

RELATIONSHIPS ?!!?%#%&^*^%%

On love, dreams and loss

RIP dearest Ammachi (aka Poptain)